Optimizing Real Estate Web Sites for Search Engines
Are you a real estate agent, broker, or developer looking for low cost ways to promote your web site? We’ll then you’re in the right place, my name is Phil Laboon, President of the Pittsburgh based internet marketing company Eyeflow. Eyeflow has created some of the most highly visited investment and preconstruction real estate websites on the web (including YAERD.org) and I’m going to share with you a few of our tactics for generating more real estate business via the web.
1. Submit Real Estate Articles - Many people don’t realize the importance of submitting articles to achieve more sales in the real estate industry. Submitting articles will help you generate more real estate leads in several ways:
- Each real estate related article you submit will get you up to three links to your web sites (If you only have one web site you can link to three separate pages using unique anchor text for each link)
- The article itself will rank highly in search engine results, this means every article you submit you can build a funneling system using other website’s rankings to your advantage. (We have noticed that leads that come from article sites are much better quality then leads directly from search engines – we feel this is because they already read about your product or service and then opt to learn more by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page)
- Every time you submit an educational article on or about real estate whether it be selling a home yourself or how to get the most money from the sale of your home you are building a relationship with your readers. Often time if a reader likes your article they will visit your website looking for more articles.
2. Submit Press Release Articles – Submitting real estate related press releases are very similar to articles. You give sites free content and then in turn they post your article AND give you a link back to your site.
3. Get Listed in Real Estate Directories – Did you know many directories will give you quality one way links as long as you have a quality website? The hard part then is finding the directories. We recommend searching Google for keyword phrases like “Real Estate Directory free link”, “real estate directory no reciprocal link required” or joining real estate related forums and asking around in their search engine optimization or web promotion sections.
4. Update Your Web Site With Unique Content – Fresh unique content maybe one of the biggest factors in getting your site to the top of major search engine like Google, MSN, Yahoo, Alta Vista, and Ask. We recommend to write at least one educational article a day (300 words minimum ) and put it on an articles section of your site. These articles can be about anything you think readers will find useful, here are a few examples:
How much should you spend when buying a new home
What type of mortgages should you use
The dangers of buying foreclosed homes
Why Land Contracts are so important
I hope you enjoyed this free article on how to optimize a real estate website for search engines. If you would like more free information on search engine optimization for real estate websites visit our article database. Don’t have time to optimize your site for better search engine rankings? Fill out the form below and one of our people will give you a free search engine optimization consultation for your website.